Program Manager (OOHC)Location: Sydney
Area: Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Worktype: Full Time
Salary: $92,351 - $98,489 per annum
An exciting opportunity has become available to work for Barnardos, one of Australia’s leading children’s charities. Barnardos Australia builds relationships between children, young people, their families and the community. They advocate for children and young people and contribute to community knowledge about their issue.
A full time, permanent Program Manager is required for the Kinship Care Program based at Barnardos Auburn, Sydney.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Program Manager is responsible for the day to day management and all operational elements of the program. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing case work, carer functions and supervision of staff with the aim of ensuring and maintaining a high standard of service to families and children in need.
Implementing permanency planning for children across a range of options is a priority for this program.
The successful Program Manager will ideally have:
- Degree in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years casework and assessment experience in child and family services, including child protection and out of home care
- Ability to work effectively with children, carers and birth families in the context of past experiences and current dynamics
- Management, leadership and supervisory skills
- Understanding of abuse and neglect of children in context of child protection and out of home care
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated experience working within a fast-paced, at times, crisis driven, team environment
To be considered for roles with Barnardos you will need to have (or be willing to have conducted) a National Police Clearance and current Working with Children check Clearance (or APP number).
You will also need to have a valid full NSW driver’s license, and capacity to participate in an on-call roster.
$92 351 - $98, 489 base (including FBT packaging) + benefits + Super. Motor Vehicle packaging is optional after 3 month probation.
Expressions of interest
To request an application pack, please hit APPLY NOW or for a confidential discussion please contact Tina Garner on 02 9218 2418
Contact: 02 9218 2418
Date Posted: 31/07/2019 12:30 PM