Aboriginal OOHC Case ManagerLocation: Sydney
Area: Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Worktype: Full Time
Salary: $72,000 - $700,000 per annum
Our Client operate OOHC Services for Aboriginal children in Western and South Western Sydney. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a caseworker to be part of their team in Western Sydney team. The Caseworker will manage a caseload of families with the support of a qualified and experienced Team Manager. Our client is looking for candidates who have previously worked as a caseworker, are resilient and who are driven to make a difference.
This role will involve;
- Managing a small caseload of children and Carers in Western Sydney
- Making relevant referrals to referral services to best support families
- Building and supporting Carer capacity
- Conducting safety assessments
- Working within a strength-based and trauma informed practice framework
The requirements for this role include;
- Qualification in Community Service
- At least 12 Months Case Management experience working with at risk children, young people and or families in a child protection focused role
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues, and the impact of trauma
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to create strong working relationships with different stakeholders
This position is Aboriginal identified. To perform this role, it is essential that the person who holds the role be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. It is a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that applicants are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
To apply hit APPLY NOW as we will be shortlisting for this position soon.
For a confidential discussion OR to find out more about the role please call Emer on 0499 858 040
Contact: 02 8570 8709
Date Posted: 13/09/2021 10:17 AM