Aboriginal CaseworkerLocation: Sydney
Area: Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Worktype: Full Time
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 per annum
Our Client operate early intervention services across western Sydney for vulnerable children and families. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced caseworker to be part of their team in Western Sydney. The Caseworker will manage a small caseload of families with the support of a qualified and experienced Social Worker and Team Manager. Our client is looking for candidates who have previously worked as a caseworker, are resilient and who are driven to make a difference.
This role will involve;
- Managing a small caseload of children and families in Western Sydney
- Making relevant referrals to referral services
- Building and supporting parent capacity
- Conducting safety assessments
- Working within a strength-based and trauma informed practice framework
The requirements for this role include;
- Qualification in Social Worke, Early Childhood, Psychology or similar
- At least 12 Months Case Management experience working with at risk children, young people and or families in a child protection focused role
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues, and the impact of trauma
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to create strong working relationships with different stakeholders
This position is Aboriginal identified. To perform this role, it is essential that the person who holds the role be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. It is a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that applicants are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
To apply hit APPLY NOW as we will be shortlisting for this position soon.
For a confidential discussion OR to find out more about the role please call Andi Kandias on 02 9218 2419.
Date Posted: 27/10/2020 01:55 PM